Payment Policies and Information
At Garden Oaks Veterinary Center, we are committed to providing the highest quality service and medical treatment for all our patients. Our experienced medical team incorporates more than 20 years of experience in practicing veterinary medicine into every exam they give and every procedure they perform. From our anesthesia protocol to the diagnostic testing we provide, we ensure that we can provide the best care possible–and we never cut corners. Payment is due at the conclusion of each visit.
Accepted Payment Methods:
- Apple Pay
- Debit/Credit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- CareCredit: While we do not offer any in-house financing, CareCredit is a great option that allows you to pay for medical treatment over several months. We accept the six months No Interest Plan for amounts over $200.
- Scratchpay: Scratchpay offers simple and affordable payment plans for veterinary bills. Checking your rate does not affect your credit, only takes a couple of minutes, and can be done right from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Garden Oaks Veterinary Center is conveniently located for many Houston, TX residents. We hope you’ll give our veterinary hospital the opportunity to shower your pets with the love and care they deserve!
New clients: We ask that you arrive at your appointment 10 minutes early so we can complete any paperwork and enter your pet’s medical records. Please forward previous vet records the day before your appointment if at all possible. Otherwise, bring all records with you and do arrive at least 15 minutes early. Please note: We are appointment-based only and do not take walk-in appointments.
Deposits: In order to ensure that we can provide our clients appointments at the earliest convenience or need for their pet, we require a $55 deposit to set an appointment with any of our veterinarians. This deposit is applied to your final bill once your exam and treatment is completed. We do not charge a deposit for Veterinary Technician appointments.
Surgery Deposits: Any surgery scheduled including dental exams require a $50 deposit that is applied to your final bill. Failure to provide 24-hour cancellation will result in forfeiture of your deposit. Note: You must arrive at center at 0700 a.m. on the day of surgery.
Late policy: We understand that traffic happens, and unexpected situations arise, so if you will not be able to make it to your appointment on time, please call us at 713-659-0650 right away. If you arrive later than 10 minutes after your scheduled time, the appointment will need to be rescheduled to ensure we have enough time to provide a thorough visit and be able to provide the following appointments the time they deserve. Note that you will forfeit your deposit if this occurs and a new deposit will be required for a new appointment.
Saturday appointments: Our Saturday schedule is shorter and starts at 0800 a.m. our last appointment is at 12:30. Please understand there is only one vet on Saturdays, and appointment slots fill up quickly.
Emergencies: While we do our best to see urgent cases during business hours, we are not an emergency center and therefore are not open 24/7. Depending on our schedule, staff availability, and the urgency of the situation, our team will assess if we are able to see your pet on an emergency basis (for an additional fee) or if referring you directly to a local emergency center is best for your pet.
- A $50 deposit is required to schedule all surgical procedures. The deposit will be forfeited in the event of a no-show or a cancellation within 24 hours.
- Owners should plan to meet with a technician for at least 15 minutes on the day of the procedure to review surgical consent forms when they drop their pet off. These consent forms are mandatory for us to proceed with the procedure.
- All surgery patients must arrive at the hospital by 07:00 a.m. Any patients who arrive later will have to reschedule and forfeit their deposit.
- All surgery patients must fast after 10:00 p.m. the night before surgery, with no food or water intake that morning (a technician will call and remind you of this information the day before). If the patient has eaten, the surgery must be rescheduled, and the deposit will be forfeited.
- All surgical patients (unless otherwise noted) need to be picked up between 5:00 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. If they are not picked up before we close at 6:00 p.m., the pet will be boarded at the owner’s expense.
Q:Third-Party Prescription Policies
We do not approve any third-party prescription requests (1-800-PetMeds, Chewy.com, etc.) due to concerns of safety and authenticity.
Instead, we advise clients to purchase medications directly from our center or to use our trusted online pharmacy partner, Vetsource. Discount online pet supply retailers may seem convenient, but they are often not the safest place to get the medications, preventives, and prescription foods your pet needs.
We will provide written prescriptions only on a case-by-case basis.
All pets must be leashed or in a kennel at all times.
For safety purposes, we trust our trained staff to restrain pets and are unable to allow owners to restrain under any circumstances.
All unvaccinated pets/puppies should be carried and kept away from other pets.
Payment is due at the time of service. We do not offer in-house payment plans, but we do offer CareCredit and Scratch Pay.
At Garden Oaks Veterinary Center, we treat our clients and their pets with kindness and respect. As such, we reserve the right to refuse service to any clients for not showing us the same courtesy. We thank you for your cooperation!
AAHA Accredited Animal Hospital (Only 12-15% in the US are Accredited)
Teamwork and High-quality Medicine Are at the Heart of Our Practice
We Love Participating in Great Events Around Our Community
Established May of 2015, our mission at Garden Oaks Veterinary Center is to provide relationship-centered, compassionate care to our clients and high-quality medicine and diagnostics for all patients. Through open communication and education, we strive to be a trusted partner in your pet’s health care and are dedicated to redefining the experience of “going to the vet.”
“Thank you SO SO SO much Robert Fisher and the entire Garden Oaks staff. Y’all are truly incredible.”- Ashley K.
“Cannot speak highly enough about Garden Oaks. My 4 dogs have seen a few vets here and they have all been great.”- Magda D.
“This was my first visit and it’s a different environment compared to other veterinaries I’ve visited. Friendly and very helpful staff. Max (my dog) was very nervous at first so they made sure to make him as comfortable as possible.”- Carlos S.